Oysters with Brown Sugar–Chipotle Butter
Post author: on Oysters with Brown Sugar–Chipotle Butter
INGREDIENTS (8 Servings)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ canned chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons bourbon
- 1½ teaspoons light brown sugarKosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 dozen oysters (such as Blue Point, Well Fleet, or Malpeque), freshly shucked, on the half shell, with liquor
- Mix garlic, chile, butter, bourbon, and brown sugar in a small bowl until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat broiler. Spread a layer of kosher salt on a rimmed baking sheet (about 2 cups) and arrange oysters on top (the salt will prevent them from tipping over). Place about 1/2 tsp. butter mixture on each oyster.
- Broil oysters until butter is melted and sugar is beginning to caramelize, about 3 minutes.
DO AHEAD: Butter can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.