Broiled Oysters with Garlic Breadcrumbs
Post author: on Broiled Oysters with Garlic Breadcrumbs
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 Servings)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless white bread
- 21/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 12oysters, freshly shucked and reserved on half shell with juicesLemon wedges
- Preheat broiler. Place breadcrumbs in small bowl. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in garlic and Pernod, if desired. Pour butter mixture over breadcrumbs; stir to combine.
- Place oysters in their shells on large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over. Broil until crumbs are golden, about 3 minutes. Transfer oysters in shells to plates. Serve with lemon wedges.